BRAMM Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imperator Fortuna

+3
Wyn_Ryu
Niko
Whisper
7 posters

Go down

Imperator Fortuna Empty Imperator Fortuna

Post by Whisper 2012-05-26, 06:25

Greetings,

It is the 41st Millenium...

For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battlefleets cross the Daemon infested miasma of the warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the psychic manifestation of the Emperor's will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes the Space Marines, bio-engineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion, the Imperial Guard and countless planetary defence forces, the ever-vigilant Inquisition and the Tech-Priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus, to name but a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants - and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruellest and most bloody regime imaginable. Yet you are not just any individual - you are an explorer aboard a Rogue Trader ship with authority and freedom far beyond the comprehension of the masses. Empowered by an ancient warrant of trade and a warp-capable ship, you venture into the uncharted voids, discovering new worlds, lost-civilisations, and bizarre alien technology. Fortune and glory are yours for the taking. Rogue Traders stand on the threshold of unlimited opportunity and innumerable dangers.
This is the thread for the Rogue Trader game I am planning to start at the beginning of next year. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Player List
1. Nic (Rogue Trader)
2. Lynne (Seneschal)
3. Liam (Void Master)
4. Michael (Navigator)
5. Mark (Explorator)
6. Julie (Orc Weirdboy)
7. John (Astropath Transcendent)

Time & Place
Time: Fridays from 5pm until 9pm
Place: C37 (Saint Andrews Street)

Regards,

Peter.

Last edited by Whisper on 2012-11-11, 05:18; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : New Players)
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Imperator Fortuna Empty Starting Areas

Post by Whisper 2012-05-26, 07:17

Greetings,

Here are the three starting areas that you can choose from. You are by no means bound by your choice to start in one. However gaining access to additional areas may require some role-play with the members of the Administratum, or the Imperial Navy.

Calixis Sector
The Calixis Sector is an Imperial sector in Segmentum Obscurus near the Halo Stars and the Eye of Terror. Conquered by Lord Militant Angevin a thousand years ago, the Calixis Sector contains many heavily populated and important worlds, though it lies a great distance from the Imperium's heartland. Its first governor was Drusus, one of Angevin’s most capable generals, a man now revered as an Imperial Saint.

Info
The Calixis Sector is a stable, comparatively, region of space in the Imperium of Man. A Rogue Trader group beginning their adventure here would find easy access to the amenities of the Imperium, and the associated organisations. However to acquire wealth in such a well developed region of space would require dealing with, or removing, other Rogue Traders.

Risk: Low
Profit: Medium

Koronus Expanse
The Koronus Expanse is the name given by Imperial authorities to a dangerous unexplored region of the Halo Stars beyond the Calixis Sector. The Expanse is accessed through the Koronus Passage, a treacherous but navigable route through the great warp storms that bar the passage to the Halo Stars beyond the way station of Port Wander. As is true of the Calixis Sector itself, the Expanse was untouched by the God-Emperor's Crusade many millennia ago and so it is a realm of fearsome xenos, treasures beyond imagining, heathen worlds of men, and the echoes of the ancient doom.

Info
The Koronus Expanse is a relatively new 'acquisition' of the Imperium. The expanse holds a number of ex-imperial worlds who were left to fend for themselves after the Dark Age. The area is rife with division. Chaos planets drift amongst Eldar maiden worlds. On the far side from the passage, near the Rifts of Hecaton exists the Ork Empire of the Undred-Undred Teef.

Risk: Medium
Profit: Medium to High

Jericho Reach
The Jericho Reach is located in Ultima Segmentum at the borders of the Imperium. At its center lies the Hadex Anomaly, within which several Daemon Worlds exist. The Jericho Reach is connected to the Koronus Expanse in Segmentum Obscurus through the Jericho-Maw warp gate.

Info
The Jericho Reach is the most unlikely of places for a Rogue Trader to consider a good investment. Though the reality is there is more to profit from in the Reach than any other sector of the Imperium. Currently a region in great conflict, with three separate crusades on going to rid the region of Tyrannids, Tau and Chaos. All three crusades have met with limited success, only managing to slow the advance.

Risk: Extreme
Profit: Vast

Regards,

Peter.

Last edited by Whisper on 2012-05-26, 07:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Details...)
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Imperator Fortuna Empty Re: Imperator Fortuna

Post by Niko 2012-05-26, 09:16

I would like to take part. I am also keen on playing the Rogue Trader himself.

And seems like the Koronus Expanse has the best risk:profit ratio, in my opinion.
Niko
Niko

http://start2play.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyn_Ryu 2012-05-27, 05:53

I would also like to take part. I'm thinking of playing the Seneschal unless someone else want to go for it. I think it would be fun to finally play a character that isn't completely combat oriented.

I agree with Niko on the choice of starting region, the Koronus Expanse seems to be the best choice all round.
Wyn_Ryu
Wyn_Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post by spykydude 2012-06-20, 15:23

I should be available for this and as such I am calling dibs on the void master so I can engage in pew pew pew other than through ground combat. Also because when we are not in the warp i'm flying the ship...most likely into the nearest sun ^^.

Emprah be with us whoever takes the navigator position(person flying us through the warp i.e not me and someone usually insane. They are also psychic so a particular person or persons should jump right into the role cough*Julie and Michael*cough).
spykydude
spykydude

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper 2012-06-20, 19:12

Greetings,

spykydude wrote:I should be available for this and as such I am calling dibs on the void master so I can engage in pew pew pew other than through ground combat. Also because when we are not in the warp i'm flying the ship...most likely into the nearest sun ^^.
Do you have any opinions on starting areas? Other than near a suitable star to fly into.

Regards,

Peter.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Niko 2012-06-22, 10:36

Are you going to allow any books outside of the core rulebook? Namely Into the Storm. For those who are unfamiliar it features expanded wargear, alternate career ranks for all classes, background packages and two new classes: Kroot Mercenary and Ork Freebooter.
Figured the temptation of playing as xenos might lure in another player or two...

spykydude wrote:Emprah be with us whoever takes the navigator position...They are also psychic so a particular person or persons should jump right into the role cough*Julie and Michael*cough).
OH GOD RALF IS GOING TO BE OUR NAVIGATOR.
Niko
Niko

Back to top Go down

Post by TokenIrish 2012-06-22, 10:51

Did someone say my name? Very Happy Put me down as navigator, I'll navigate this ship into a planet but it'll be the right planet...

He's a quote to fill you with more confidence... As Gil Amelio, Ex-CEO of Apple once said "You know, Gina, Apple is like a ship, that ship is loaded with treasure, but there's a hole in the ship. And my job is to get everyone to row in the same direction."
TokenIrish
TokenIrish
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Niko 2012-06-22, 10:55

"SPESS?! WE DON'T NEED SPESS WHERE WE'RE GOING!"
- Michael "Ralf" Corrigan, 2 minutes before signing up as navigator.

We're all doomed.

Niko
Niko

Back to top Go down

Imperator Fortuna Empty Source Materials

Post by Whisper 2012-06-22, 19:34

Greetings,

Niko wrote:Are you going to allow any books outside of the core rulebook?
Currently I am accepting the following source books for players to use when designing their characters. Though I will of course need to look through and make a note of your characters Origin Path and initial stats when we meet in September for Character Creation.

Here for your viewing pleasure is a list of what the various books contain. I'll expand it at some point.

Source Books

Rogue Trader Core Rulebook
Base Origins Path
Base Character Careers
Base Ship Hulls, Components and Weapons
Base Armoury

Rogue Trader Into the Storm
Expanded Careers (Orc, Kroot)
Alternate Career Ranks
Extended Armoury

Rogue Trader Battlefleet Koronus
Extended Ship Hulls
Extended Ship Components and Weapons
Expanded Vehicles

Rogue Trader Hostile Acquisitions
Expanded Origins Path
Alternate Career Ranks
Extended Ship Upgrades
Extended Armoury

Regards,

Peter.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azgoron 2012-06-23, 23:02

Anyway, I am thinking of going an Explorator type (Tech Priest) who would probably be maintaining the engines. Of caourse protecting it with various servitor goons and dedicating the room to the Glory of the Ommissiah.

I will probably object to any stupid, illogical and inane actions from the Navigator so that's everything if Michael plays him...
Anyway, I maintain the engines.
Azgoron
Azgoron
Admin

https://bramms.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Niko 2012-06-24, 01:07

Out of curiosity, is the game going to be capped at 6 players, or are the six slots in the original post just there as a placeholder, and will be increased if more people show interest?
Niko
Niko

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper 2012-06-24, 02:29

Greetings,

Ideally the game would be capped at 6 players. But if more people really want to join I can try to accommodate that. Just need to keep the combats moving and a larger group can get distracted.

Regards,

Peter.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodDiamond 2012-07-20, 05:57

consider this me booking a slot as what isn't filled(pete seems keen that i'm kroot...)
BloodDiamond
BloodDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper 2012-08-27, 04:59

Greetings,

With the start of the semester approaching and my role-playing withdraw symptoms giving me the shakes I'd quite like to get thing moving sooner rather than later.

As such, when is everyone back in Aberdeen, and available to start? (I am returning on Saturday the 8th of September (Hopefully))

Regards,

Peter.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azgoron 2012-08-27, 05:02

Whisper wrote:Greetings,

With the start of the semester approaching and my role-playing withdraw symptoms giving me the shakes I'd quite like to get thing moving sooner rather than later.

As such, when is everyone back in Aberdeen, and available to start? (I am returning on Saturday the 8th of September (Hopefully))

Regards,

Peter.

Hello

My living arrangements are a little bit compromised at the moment. I am trying to get a new flat and try and move in mid September. I am willing to turn up at the game.

Mark
Azgoron
Azgoron
Admin

https://bramms.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper 2012-09-06, 06:52

Greetings,

Currently submitted a booking proposal for a Friday evening slot. (5pm > Late)

If you have any problems with attending the game on a Friday evening. Get back to me as soon as possible.

Regards,

Peter.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Imperator Fortuna Empty Room Booked

Post by Whisper 2012-09-22, 07:40

Greetings,

The room booking for my game has been accepted. Starting Friday the 28th of September I will be in C37 Saint Andrews Street from 5pm.

I hope to see all of you there for some character creation and possibly, depending on speed. Some Role-Playing.

Regards,

Peter.

P.S. I will be editing the first post with these details.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper 2012-10-04, 05:18

Greetings,

Just in case anyone was at all unsure.

This weeks game is cancelled due to other social events happening at the same time.

We will begin properly, with some actual role-playing, on Friday the 12th of October.

Regards,

Peter.

P.S. Colour coded formatting for added emphasis.

Last edited by Whisper on 2012-10-04, 05:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Colour Formatting!)
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Imperator Fortuna Empty Synopsis

Post by Whisper 2012-10-20, 08:25

Greetings,

So after barely escaping a daemon ship from Iniquity and making your way to Magoros intact, relatively. Now you must solve the riddle of the Magoros system to find the fabled treasure ship The Righteous Path.

Hopefully this part of your adventure will be much easier than this evenings events, though just to stop you getting bored I have 'tweaked' a few of the encounters to keep you on you toes.

Regards,

Peter.

P.S. As I was saying this evening, please make a note of any items you require when you think of them. The ship will rarely be in a major port like Footfall and if you don't acquire things while in dock its 'almost' impossible to find them while travelling.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Imperator Fortuna Empty Gustav Hammersmith

Post by Whisper 2012-10-20, 08:58

Greetings,

Just a bit of background on your best acquisition so far. At least in my mind.

Imperator Fortuna GustavHammersmith
Gustav Hammersmith is a seasoned Imperial Guard soldier who has become disenfranchised with the Imperial way of doing things. Over the past 5 years he has fought, and in places, commanded engagements for a variety of Rogue Traders, Inquisitors and other Agents in the Expanse. During this time he has assembled a regiment of equally veteran soldiers called the 2nd Cadian Reservists.

He is a brutal man but also fiercely loyal to both his employers and the Imperium, and actions taken against the Imperium are likely to result in some rather harsh exchanges with him and his troops. Either with words or bullets.

It is rumoured that the only reason his regiment still exists and has not been brought to heel by the Imperial authorities is because he once rescued an Inquisitor from the dead world of Agusia. And who still keeps a watchful eye over the progress of his mercenary outfit. It is for this reason perhaps that his troops are slightly better equipped than the regular forces of the Imperium.
Regards,

Peter.

P.S. Yes that is a two handed chain sword. (2D10+5/Pen4/Tearing, Balanced, Razor Sharp)
P.S.S. The two tanks from his Regiment are Leman Russ MBTs.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Niko 2012-10-27, 09:35

Shopping List

• Common-craftsmanship Hellpistol with Forearm Weapon Mounting - Nic
  • Grapplehawk - Nic
  • Common-craftsmanship Plasma Gun with Red Dot Laser Sight and Calamity Vent - Nic
  • Best-Quality Power Sword - Nic
  • Duct Tape- Julie
  • Gun Cutter
  • Void Suits - Julie
  • "Slashy" - Julie
  • "Slashy" Mark 2 - Julie
  • Best-Quality Hellpistol - Jon
  • Ork Mega Armour - Julie
  • Squig Hide Armour - Julie
  • Fungal Cake - Julie
  • 100 x Advanced Medkits
  • Land Speeder
  • 10 x Scout Bikes
  • Lots x Inferno Shells
  • Utility Mechadendrite - Mark
  • Bionic Heart - Mark
  • MIU - Mark

Last edited by Whisper on 2012-11-03, 04:44; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : List Additions)
Niko
Niko

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodDiamond 2012-10-29, 09:38

Hi all,

the ork is stockpiling teef in the corner of it's chambers

Very Happy
BloodDiamond
BloodDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyn_Ryu 2012-10-30, 02:09

Greetings O' Great and Mighty GM,

May I have the essential information on Fel Hand command crew at your earliest convenience?

Regards,

Lord-Captain of the Fel Hand, Seneschal of the Yorke Dynasty Serafina Faydra (Wyn_Ryu (Lynne Ruth Buchan of Peterhead BSc))
Wyn_Ryu
Wyn_Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post by Niko 2012-10-30, 02:10

Your title sucks.

Cap'n
Niko
Niko

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper 2012-10-30, 02:43

Greetings,

The current command crew and people of interest aboard The Fel Hand are the following.

First Officer - Lady Ash (Deceased)
High Factotum - Nigelus Sim
Enginseer Prime - Taura Joss
Navigator - Thasa Korr
Security - Novia Apt

Regards,

Peter.

P.S. Wyn > Incoming Crew Manifest (PM)
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyn_Ryu 2012-10-30, 03:54

Greetings, Lord-Commodore of the Yorke Fleet, Lord-Captain of the Aurora Griffin, Rogue Trader of the Yorke Dynasty, Warboss, Nathin Yorke

I do believe you have your title wrong sir.

Regards,

Lord-Captain of the Fel Hand, Seneschal of the Yorke Dynasty Serafina Faydra
Wyn_Ryu
Wyn_Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post by Niko 2012-10-30, 04:03

Disrespecting a superior officer? Bad move.

On a related note, your title has now been officially changed to Junior Captain Serafina Faydra. Correct me again and it will be reduced further.

As far as my title goes, you pretty much butchered it. "Commodore" will suffice.
Niko
Niko

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodDiamond 2012-10-31, 11:05

Yorke bars?

Hey I never got my cake

I gaves you teef

da ork
BloodDiamond
BloodDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper 2012-11-01, 01:27

Greetings,

I have just realised that the ship sheet I gave you for the Fel Hand was an NPC version. Not including supplementary components.

I'll have the proper sheet ready by Friday's session.

Regards,

Peter.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Imperator Fortuna Empty XP Amounts

Post by Whisper 2012-11-04, 11:48

Greetings,

Just for the records the current XP and rank everyone should be on are below.

Nic - 7650 (Rank 2)
Lynne - 7700 (Rank 2)
Julie - 7650 (Rank 2)
Michael - 7650 (Rank 2)
Liam - 7650 (Rank 2)
John - 6650 (Rank 1)
Mark - 7650 (Rank 2)

Regards,

Peter.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Imperator Fortuna Empty The Svard System

Post by Whisper 2012-11-05, 13:16

Greetings,

The following is the information you have been able to glean from the ships records on the Svard system.

The Svard System
The star at the center of the system is a Red Giant that has absorbed the majority of the celestial bodies in the system.

The only planetary body remaining in the system is on the edge. A Gas Giant known as Svard Prime.

Orbiting the Gas Giant are Svard itself, an icy moon and the current capital of the system. Cog, a industrial moon. Installation 23, the promethium refinery and Silence the systems graveyard.

Svard
The ice moon of Svard is run by a council of elderly men known as the Crystal Council. The Yorke Dynasty still holds a seat on this council but has not been present for over 150 years.

Cog & Installation 23
The industrial moon of Cog was licensed by your dynasty to the Mechanicus for mineral enrichment and heavy industry. The Promethium Refinery is another Mechanicus environ that is used to siphon the rare element from the Gas Giant itself.

Silence (Destroyed 29% Remaining)
Silence is a mass graveyard for all who die in the Svard system and several of Nathan's family members are buried here.

There are several other celestials in orbit around Svard Prime but their exact location is not noted in the ships logs, nor is their purpose.

The last logs on the system were provided to the dynasty by a Mechanicus operative over 110 years ago. Since then there have been no further reports.

After conversing with Speaker Tal on Svard itself you have acquired the following additional information.

There are 2 other major installations/moons in the Svard system, the isolationist 'Citadel of Psykers' and the Jungle moon of Kybo. As well as these two places there are a number of hollow rocks that have been strip mined for resources.

Citadel of Psykers
The Citadel is little more than a mining outpost clinging to the side of a long depleted asteroid. Previously home to the miners themselves it has over time become the home for a number of voidborn whom possess psychic abilities. The effect of the Whisperers against the voidborn psykers is unknown as all contact with the Citadel has been severed.

Kybo
The Jungle moon of kybo was until recently the systems primary agricultural source. Providing rapidly grown plant life to the hives on Svard, however with the Whisperers presence in system all harvest has stopped and the moon has become overgrown.

Hollow Worlds
A hundred plus hollow shells litter the void between Svard and the Gas Giant, a hundred places for displaced citizens to hide, or a hundred places for foul xenos and heretical cultists to plot their machinations against the imperium.
More information on the system is possible but would require more in depth research at an Imperium settlement, you are currently in Foulstone.

Once you arrive in the system itself it may be advisable to initially spend some time getting to know the system and it's hazards, both environmental, political and supernatural.

The choice is of course yours.

Regards,

Peter.

Last edited by Whisper on 2012-11-15, 03:00; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Information Update)
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Imperator Fortuna Empty Scruffy the Jan... First Officer?

Post by Whisper 2012-11-10, 23:45

Greetings,

Captain Faydra has recently appointed to the position of First Officer Herbert S. Helmclever. Though his friends know him as 'Scruffy'.

Regards,

Peter.

P.S. Information Incoming.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper 2012-11-15, 02:59

Greetings,

Just a quick update.

Rogue Trader will not be running this Friday the 16th on account of the majority going to BreachLan.

We will return on Friday the 23rd where it is hoped we can get some traction on the Svard situation.

Regards,

Peter.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyn_Ryu 2012-12-05, 09:00

Greetings O' Great and Mighty GM,

I was having a look through a few of the books and have compiled Serafina's wishlist

-Inferno shells (Core Rulebook)
-Harlequin's kiss (Core Rulebook)
-Mefonte's Orthodoxy (Core Rulebook)
-Eldar Deathspinner (Into The Storm)
-Larn Cutters (Into The Storm)
-Acid Shells (Into The Storm)
-Organgrinder Rounds (Into The Storm)
-Boltgun with Fire Selector and Red Dot Laser Sight (Core Rulebook)
-Dark Eldar Shredder (Hostile Acquisitions)
-Eldar Mirrorswords (Hostile Acquisitions)
-Stryxis Curseblade (Hostile Acquisitions)

How much of this is actually possible?

Regards,

Wyn
Wyn_Ryu
Wyn_Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper 2012-12-06, 13:43

Greetings,

In regards to the following list of items.
Wyn_Ryu wrote:Greetings O' Great and Mighty GM,

I was having a look through a few of the books and have compiled Serafina's wishlist

-Inferno shells (Core Rulebook)
-Harlequin's kiss (Core Rulebook)
-Mefonte's Orthodoxy (Core Rulebook)
-Eldar Deathspinner (Into The Storm)
-Larn Cutters (Into The Storm)
-Acid Shells (Into The Storm)
-Organgrinder Rounds (Into The Storm)
-Boltgun with Fire Selector and Red Dot Laser Sight (Core Rulebook)
-Dark Eldar Shredder (Hostile Acquisitions)
-Eldar Mirrorswords (Hostile Acquisitions)
-Stryxis Curseblade (Hostile Acquisitions)

How much of this is actually possible?

Regards,

Wyn
All the items on the list are possible to acquire. However the more exotic the items the more likely I will ask for some proper role-playing, finding someone who can supply you with said items.

The following items are easy to acquire and you can make a few rolls at the start of next session to acquire them from your existing contacts.

• Inferno Shells (-10)
  • Boltgun with Fire Selector and Red Dot Laser Sight (-30)
  • Acid Shells (-20)
  • Organgrinder Rounds (-30)

The rest of the items would require interaction with the species involved. The book/dataslate Mefonte's Orthodoxy would require you to deal with the Ecclesiarchy as well.

There are Eldar on Footfall but interaction with them is difficult, they are known to be highly reclusive.

The Stryxis are kept from footfall due to their own natures and kleptomania, you would need to trade with their caravans in the expanse.

The Dark Eldar you are unlikely to encounter on peaceful terms. There are reports of raiders in the expanse and if you manage to survive the encounter there may be some useful items on their corpses. Surviving the encounter with a Dark Eldar raider is the problem however.

Regards,

Peter.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyn_Ryu 2012-12-07, 01:53

Peter et al,

I believe I have already informed you of this but I am not going to going to be able to go to the game this Friday due to work. I will give Nic my sheets and if you are willing Peter someone else can roll for me.

Regards,

Wyn
Wyn_Ryu
Wyn_Ryu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum